A Message From Our President, Mark Harwood, Regarding COVID-19 Plans.
For over 30 years, Visible Edge has been providing critical products and services to our community and the aerospace, defense, energy, medical and pharmaceutical industries. We are now facing a war on a global pandemic called COVID-19. Nothing matters more than the health and safety of those we love. We deeply understand that - and know that together, we will get through this crisis by making some of the most difficult decisions we have had to make in our company’s history and our personal lifetimes.
The recent enactment of the Defense Production Act has made the decision process even more complicated. We support many of the agencies and companies being asked to step up and fight this war on the COVID-19 global pandemic, which by some predictions could last as long as 18 months. Simply shutting down is not a long term solution. This crisis includes human beings being left without a means to support their families and companies fighting to produce critical products like medications and personal protective gear. It is our duty to protect those we love, which includes our country as a whole.
We are implementing the following measures to achieve these goals:
We are an extremely agile company with decades of experience working with students, corporate customers and internal staff on a worldwide basis using remote connectivity technologies. We have been, and will continue to provide, most of our services on-demand using communication methods of our customers choosing including, but not limited to, video conferencing, online live screen shares, live internet chats, over the phone, e-mail, or any combination thereof.
Our Corporate Headquarters are currently open, having made strategic operational adjustments that ensure we are still providing 100% of the support that you and your business have come to expect from us, without compromising safety. We have taken a series of actions following guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that include implementing work-at-home and flexible work arrangements, suspending all international and domestic business travel, prohibiting attendance at large external gatherings, limiting the size of in-person internal meetings, broadly increasing the use of virtual communication capabilities across the company and constant cleaning and disinfecting of our facility. We are monitoring this very fluid situation hourly at the local, state and government level and will update our procedures as recommended by the CDC. Anyone wishing to visit our facility will be pre-screened prior to arrival.
The status of our product and service deliveries are as follows:
Training & Education Services by Visible Edge Institute (Ve-I):
Our goal is to ensure your training needs are addressed in a manner that allows you and our team to operate in the safest and most efficient way possible. We recognize that many of you are in between jobs and urgently need the training you are receiving in order to provide for yourselves and your families. We will continue to support you 100%.
• There will be no change to our virtual training and we will continue to host our classes that can be taken remotely, from any location, via our popular instructor on demand remote learning model that we have used for over a decade.
• We will also offer more traditional scheduled training sessions via distance learning model.
• We will be adding additional classes and programs to our offerings as soon as next week.
• We are also transitioning our existing and new student population to our popular instructor on demand remote learning model.
• In extenuating circumstances, if remote training is not possible, students will be allowed to work in our training facility following a strict set of guidelines.
• We have been, and will continue to provide laptops, workstations and software solutions to those students, as needed.
• We are offering several on-site training solutions that can accommodate your learning requirements while ensuring the safety of all parties.
• In addition to remote interviews and meetings, we will also be offering limited in-person interviews by appointment only, with pre-screening and observing social distancing guidelines.
• We are expanding our Federal Training Grant support for the many individuals and corporations who need to develop additional professional skills to survive this downturn.
• We are now also offering student loans for qualifying individuals who want to retrain for in-demand jobs.
Staffing & Resource Services:
We understand how important it is that your business remains in operation.
• We have instructed contractors to follow the policies put in place by you, our customers. Please include your Visible Edge contractors and your Visible Edge sales contact on all communications regarding policy changes.
• As the needs of certain companies accelerate, Visible Edge is committed to providing an essential service by identifying the resources that those industries and companies need to respond to this outbreak effectively.
• We will continue to provide our personnel with all technology requirements to enable them to work remotely including laptops, workstations, software solutions and IT support
• We will accommodate your needs in any way you feel is appropriate, including the facilitation of remote interviews and new screening requirements for candidates.
• We remain committed to providing quality staffing service delivery.
Technology & Integration Services:
All software and hardware orders are being processed as usual.
• We understand many of you have been asked to work from home to minimize the potential risk of exposure to COVID-19. There are many options available to you that can make using your software away from the office a little easier. Please contact us for more information on what options you may have and instruction on how you and your colleagues can successfully implement the ideal solution.
• We have been, and will continue to provide, most of our consulting services on-demand using communications of our customers choosing.
• We will continue to provide a high level of support to you and your company including providing online licensing, activation, license borrowing and getting your software solution working from home.
•Hardware solutions are also available upon request.
We will continue to communicate with you and make sure you have the most up-to-date information regarding Visible Edge and how we’re dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. If any questions remain, please do not hesitate to reach out for assistance. Our team can always be reached by calling 888-VIS-EDGE or by emailing your request to Support@visible-edge.com. I can also be reached directly at 1-603-595-1422 x228.
As always, thank you for your loyalty. Our entire team wishes you, your family and your company all the best. Stay healthy!