PLM – Product Lifecycle Management
PTC Windchill is a proven out-of-the-box solution to managing and collaborating every aspect of information about your product development and manufacturing process.
Windchill acts as the single source of product information all the way up and down the organization.
Capabilities & Benefits:
- Built-in integration with all major product development software including all PTC products.
- Easy connectivity to other enterprise systems
- Supports distributed product development and enables real-time collaboration across firewalls
- Drives cross-enterprise understanding of complex content – regardless of source
Windchill 11 is now available
3 HTi is excited about the improvements and changes this major release will bring our PLM customers.
This new release features great new features:
- New Creo management tools
- New search capabilities
- Improved role-based UI
- Robust BoM management
- Cloud deployments
- New licensing terms for greater flexibility and lower costs
Read more about Windchill 11 here.
PTC Windchill Products:
Instant, production ready PLM deployed and maintained for you in the cloud. This is the easiest way to get started with PLM.
Project Collaboration for Product Development
Today’s challenging global environment demands effective collaboration. With Windchill ProjectLink, you can securely harness the talents and energy of the entire team, inside or outside of your firewall. Through a virtual workspace, Windchill ProjectLink provides access to the right product development and project management information at the right time, keeping the team aligned, on-track, and moving forward.
- Automates key business processes such as New Product Introduction, Six Sigma, and Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Integrates with numerous mechanical and electrical CAD solutions, Microsoft Office applications, and the Windows desktop
- Accelerates time to market by providing real time visibility to current documents, parts, and plan information
- Fosters innovation through real-time group collaboration, both inside and outside your firewall
- Operates seamlessly with Pro/ENGINEER and Windchill PDMLink for incorporation of product information in cross-enterprise activities
Product and Process Control
Hard-to-find, unreliable data hinder innovation and productivity. A single, trusted digital product development data repository allows manufacturers to expertly manage all forms of product data – including mechanical, electrical, and software. Windchill PDMLink is this solution. Web-based for easy enterprise-wide access, this PDM system supports geographically dispersed teams while managing critical processes such as change/configuration management and release to manufacturing.
- A Web-based master product data management repository, enabling global access to current, accurate information from myriad sources
- Seamlessly connects to multiple mechanical/electrical CAD applications, desktop applications and Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Prevents costly design errors by controlling and automating typically chaotic product change management processes
- Facilitates rapid development of new product configurations through reuse of previously designed product configurations
- Operates seamlessly with Pro/ENGINEER and Windchill ProjectLink for distributed, cross-enterprise collaboration on data acquisition and product information
Windchill Supplier Management
Manage, analyze and Communicate Critical Supply Chain Information
Optimizing supplier and manufacturer selection across multiple product lines, programs, and geographies is a major challenge facing product companies today, with huge implications on product cost and time-to-market. Windchill Supplier Management delivers the key capabilities that you need to meet the demands of complex, global supply chains by optimizing manufacturer part sources and vendor selection with approved manufacturer and vendor lists.
- Shorten time-to-market by using only preferred manufacturers and vendors with good track records of delivering products on time and on schedule
- Lower product costs by leveraging preferred suppliers
- Lower inventory and spend costs by uncovering and eliminating hidden part duplication
- Eliminate the use of “hard to get” or obsolete commercial parts in new designs
- Prevent errors and re-designs by involving suppliers early in the design process
- Improve supply chain communication and collaboration with a secure Web-based project
- Improve quality by minimizing design and manufacturing errors with approved suppliers and manufacturers
- Manage approved manufacturer and vendor lists (AVL/AML)
Information Exchange and Data Integration without Complications
Cross-application data compatibility and information exchange is an absolute necessity in product development. Generally though, it is a tough challenge to overcome during product development. But with robust support for all leading MCAD and ECAD tools, rich Info*Engine integrations, and turnkey support for providing connections to leading ERP systems, Windchill exchanges relevant product information accurately, and efficiently.
Windchill MCAD and ECAD Integrations
Multi-CAD fluency…Within a given supply chain or engineering team, design work invariably involves multiple mechanical and electrical CAD systems. Controlling these disparate data sources is the domain of Windchill MCAD & ECAD integrations. Through vast support of major MCAD/ECAD tools, they enable proper access of CAD data to all team members throughout the enterprise, greatly speeding the design process.
- Enjoy data compatibility with major MCAD & ECAD authoring solutions
- Integrate Windchill functionality into each designer’s unique design environment
- Improve operating efficiency by sharing mission critical engineering information throughout the enterprise
- Simplify information management activities to improve productivity and accelerate the design process
- Ensure design data integrity throughout the design and engineering change processes
Windchill Enterprise System Integrations
Connect enterprise systems…Historically, enterprise system integrations have required error-prone manual processes or fragile, custom point-to-point solutions, resulting in significant cost and product quality issues. But Windchill Enterprise Systems Integration (ESI) synchronizes processes and information, enabling optimization of product development while minimizing risk and total cost of ownership. Via bi-directional integration, Windchill ESI enables robust connection between PLM and ERP systems.
- Provides turnkey SAP and Oracle Manufacturing integration processes
- Synchronizes parts, documents, bill of material (BOM) structures, engineering change notification (ECN), product configurations
- Bundles TIBCO EAI technology for connectivity to the broad suite of TIBCO adapters
- Improves product data quality and reduces errors through automated exchange of information
- Accelerates time to market through improved process coordination between engineering and manufacturing
Seamless information access…Enterprise systems harbor great potential for your organization, yet poor information accessibility often keeps that value from being realized. For maximum benefit, companies must extend enterprise information assets to a wide range of users and applications for context-specific usage. Windchill Info*Engine provides a flexible, standards-based foundation for seamless data sharing between enterprise applications and user communities.
- Helps companies take advantage of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) with support for SOAP and WSDL Web Services Technologies
- J2EE support, including standard JSP tag libraries, JMS, and Java Connector with automatic DAO and EJB generation
- Application and technology adapters to meet the most popular integration needs
- Robust transaction management: synchronous/asynchronous operation modes, transaction units, checkpointing, parallel processing, load balancing and failover
- Sophisticated integration engine supports Java native and XML/XSL representations and data transformations